- 12 days tuition including revision and exam and preparation for GC3 (practical)
- Additional Work:
- GC3 (practical) to be submitted within two weeks following final exam
- Nationwide or In-House
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is a nationally and internationally recognised qualification. It is designed to help those with health and safety responsibilities, for example managers, supervisors and employee representatives, from all types of organisations making day-to-day decisions at work. It will give them a broad understanding of health and safety issues and enable them to manage risks effectively.
Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. The qualification meets the academic requirements for Technical membership (Tech IOSH) of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). It provides a valuable overview and is a sound basis for further professional study.
The NEBOSH NGC is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK with nearly 100,000 people having gained the award since it was launched in 1989. It is an ideal qualification for managers, supervisors and employee representatives and for people to have as a first step in a career in health and safety.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required but students must be able to write short reports. The duration of study for the National General Certificate is 10 days plus private study and background reading.
Each written paper (NGC1 and GC2) consists of one long-answer question (20 marks) and ten short-answer questions (8 marks). All questions are compulsory.
The workplace inspection and report (GC3) is carried out at the students own workplace and submitted within two weeks following the written paper.
The syllabus is divided into three units -
Two taught units (NGC1 and GC2) which contain the elements identified below and a workplace practical application (Unit GC3).
- NGC1: Two hour written examination on day 12
- GC2: Two hour written examination on day 12
- GC3: Practical inspection and management report (submitted post course)
Unit NGC1: Management of Health and Safety
- Health and safety Foundations
- Health and safety Policy
- Organising for health and safety - culture
- Planning for health and safety - risk assessment/control
- Measuring, audit and review
- Incident and accident investigation recording and reporting
Unit GC2: Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and risk control
Unit GC3: Health and safety practical application*
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of the unit NGC1 and GC2 syllabus by successful completion of a health and safety inspection of a workplace
- Complete a report to management regarding the inspection with recommendations *To be submitted within two weeks following final exam.
|Birmingham - Ibis Birmingham City Centre||View Dates & Book Now|
|Colchester - The Best Western Marks Tey Hotel||View Dates & Book Now|
|Darlington - Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel||View Dates & Book Now|
|Derby - CRS Training Centre||View Dates & Book Now|
|Edinburgh - Novotel Edinburgh Park||View Dates & Book Now|
|Gloucester - Mercure Gloucester Bowden Hall Hotel||View Dates & Book Now|
|London - ibis London Excel Hotel||View Dates & Book Now|
|Manchester - Novotel Manchester West||View Dates & Book Now|
|Reading - Holiday Inn Reading South||View Dates & Book Now|
|Southampton - Holiday Inn||View Dates & Book Now|
|Southampton - Holiday Inn Eastleigh||View Dates & Book Now|
|York - Novotel York Centre||View Dates & Book Now|