- 5 Days Tuition including revision and exams (12 days if NGC1 not already held)
- Additional Work:
- Private study after class Practical project submitted two weeks after exam
- Nationwide or In-House
- NEBOSH NGC1*
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management has been designed for managers, supervisors, health and safety representatives and those embarking on role or career with fire safety responsibilities.It provides participants with the knowledge and practical skills to conduct and review fire risk assessments, fire preventive and protective measures within most low risk workplaces.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to understand and interpret fire safety legislation, implement an effective fire safety management system and control workplace fire and explosion hazards.As a part of the course, participants learn how to conduct effective fire risk assessments and maintain essential fire safety documentation, as well as how to develop a fire emergency plan.
Managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation.
Our course which leads to this qualification equips holders to carry out fire risk assessments of most low risk workplaces and to identify the range of fire protective and preventative measures required. It is therefore suitable for people moving into fire safety adviser roles.
The syllabus is based on National Occupational Standards in Fire Safety at level 3, which has common units with the Emergency Fire Services National Occupational Standards. Therefore, it may also be of benefit to fire service personnel developing their underpinning knowledge as part of the Integrated Personal Development System.
The first unit in the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management is taken from the management of health and safety aspects of the NEBOSH National General Certificate, and is not taught or examined in this course. Those who have achieved the National General Certificate unit award NGC1 only have to take and pass unit FC1 and the practical assessment FC2 to achieve the full qualification.
* NGC1 is required to obtain the full qualification, and this should have been achieved within the last 5 years. If you achieved NGC1 more than 5 years ago, you may re-sit the examination without needing to attend a taught course.
1. NEBOSH recommends that participants allow additional time for private study.Our tutors will provide direction on the requirements.
2. We can also provide tuition and examination for unit NGC1 to those who require it – please contact us for further details.
Unit FC1: Fire safety and risk management
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Causes and prevention of fire
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
Unit FC2: Practical Assessment of Workplace*
- Fire safety practical application
*To be submitted within two weeks following final exam.
|Birmingham - Ibis Birmingham City Centre||View Dates & Book Now|
|Colchester - The Best Western Marks Tey Hotel||View Dates & Book Now|
|Derby - CRS Training Centre||View Dates & Book Now|
|Reading - Holiday Inn Reading South||View Dates & Book Now|
|Southampton - Holiday Inn||View Dates & Book Now|