- 5 Hours
- Additional Work:
As a responsible leader you know the importance of safety and health. Now learn its value.
As a senior executive, your time is precious. That’s why we’ve designed our Leading safely course in conjunction with business leaders to cover only what you need, in as short a time as possible.
Whatever the size of your organisation, the course will show you how investing in safety and health can reap valuable business benefits, including better productivity, increased profits, an enhanced reputation and a stronger brand.
Delegates will receive:
- An app (via an app store – Apple for iOS or Google Play for Android) to access their diagnostic tool/action planner
- Access to a safety leadership community, with targeted news items and notifications from IOSH and up-to-date discussions on themes in safety leadership, fed in by trainers and course delegates
- Useful links about safety leadership (from the Health and Safety Executive and Institute of Directors).
Leading safely is aimed at anyone with leadership responsibilities – CEOs, MDs, senior managers, directors and executives – in a wide range of companies, large or small, in any sector. It will convince leaders that effective safety and health management will create real and lasting business benefits.
Learners use the diagnostic tool, accessed via a mobile app, to identify their current safety and health position against a set of critical questions. The tool recommends the actions they should take. At the end of the course, delegates make a commitment to a personal action plan to improve their own and their organisations’ safety and health management.
- Safety and health and what it means for different leadership roles
- The responsibilities and behaviours of a leader
- What effective safety and health leadership looks like
- What happens when things go wrong
- How leaders can make improvements
- The benefits of effective safety leadership.