- 1 Day
- Additional Work:
Course from £0.00+ VAT per delegate
The construction sector can have a major effect the environment, and the demand from clients, main contractors and legislation continues to grow. This course supports on the ground implementation of an organisation’s commitment to environmental management and is accredited by the sectors leading body – CITB.
This course is designed to provide Supervisors, Managers and operatives a basic understanding of environmental impacts and precautions. It meets the basic environmental knowledge that the sub-contract chain are required to prove to major contractors. It also covers the environmental aspects of the new touch-screen Health, Safety and Environment test.
Continuous course assessment and a multiple-choice test
- Best practice techniques and legal compliance
- The environment and why it matters
- Environmental management systems
- Waste management
- Pollution prevention and water management
- How to be a good neighbour: statutory nuisance, communication, archaeology and heritage
- Energy and resources
- Being a responsible contractor
Each session ends with key dos and don’ts, plus sources of further information.
Delegates will receive a copy of the new CITB-ConstructionSkills publication GE 700 (Environmental section) for further reference.